Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A new obsession



Last night Liz, Rob, Rob and I went to see Margot & the Nuclear So and So's at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. Liz and her Rob got me the tickets for my birthday, and we had an excellent dinner at Baker & Banker beforehand.

As you may have guessed, we don't go to shows very often these days. Or dinner. Or movies. Or the shower...well, to be fair, that's just me. Rob manages to stay pretty clean on a daily basis. Anyway. It was a fabulous night and the band was incredible. Their music has been described as chamber pop, but last night they were pretty stripped down and more folk rock. The lead singer, Richard Edwards, came out alone for the encore and did three songs with just his guitar. I now want to listen to their music all day long, Google them and read interviews, obsess over their ages--I still think all musicians, athletes and actors should be older than me, but I've found it doesn't work that way--and just generally stalk them.

It's a good thing I have so much extra time in my day for activities like this. Between work, taking care of the baby, grocery shopping, showering and making dinner, let's take a guess at what will be the first thing to go. I'll give you a hint. It's showering.

No comments: