Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just Wednesday

In a strange but exciting development this morning, I woke up at 5:30am and went to the gym. Even more exciting, I remembered the gym's location.

Jeff Goldbum also got up early today to work out, so we hung out together: Me on the elliptical machine, him on the floor below in red pants, not looking at me.

Aside from that massive news flash, the only other thing I wish to share today is that I stole a copy of the latest Newsweek from my eye doctor.* Stephen Colbert is the guest editor and reading this issue has made my day.

Favorite line so far: "I hadn't seen [the Iraq War] in the media for a while, and when I don't see something, I assume it's vanished forever, like in that terrifying game peekaboo."

*Nooo, I don't steal. I asked if I could have it--they had a stack.

3 comments:

Joe Cog said...

Ice breakers next time you see Jeff Goldblum;
-Loved you in "The Fly" or
-Loved you in "The Big Chill" or
-Loved you in "Jurassic Park."
What's he going to do, ignore you?
Also, "Do you know Wally Shawn lives in our neighborhood? (Pause) You know, the guy from 'The Princess Bride'"
That he might ignore.

Pub One said...

Re: Goldblum -I would go with Annie Hall - ask him if he ever figured out his mantra.

Sarah said...

All solid suggestions. I was planning to go up to him with a cup of water and ask him to explain chaos theory.