Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Dispatch from the Home Front

We officially live in San Francisco, although I think both Rob and I still feel like we're on some sort of extended vacation. He went on a long bike ride yesterday, through the park and across Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands, where the view from the cliffs is city and ocean. It's hard to believe you're allowed to live somewhere so beautiful.

I stayed home and got my own exercise unpacking boxes, and we are very slowly making progress. We have now met the two other families who live in the building. We've been entertained by the observant 4-year-old Jackson, who called out from the back seat of his car yesterday to Rob, "You have two shirts on!"

"Three!" Rob said proudly, unzipping his fleece vest to display a t-shirt. Jackson was blown away. It's so easy to thrill kids; I myself was probably not suitably impressed when Rob dressed himself that morning.

2 comments:

Equal Mommy said...

Is one of the families Mitch and Maggie Braff, with two kids: Kacey and Jack? What are the odds of that? But stranger things have happened?

K.

Sarah said...

Hmmm, no, but that would certainly have been a crazy coincidence.