Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Scarlett Joan Goulding has arrived!

Scarlett actually arrived last Tuesday, March 23rd at 4:33am, but I've been a little busy since then. It feels funny to type her full name, since we're calling her Scout and it seems to fit her perfectly. She is a little replica of Rob, so another nickname is Roblett. She is thus far a champion among babies--a good eater, a sound sleeper, and a very sweet observer of everything that goes on around her.

The labor was intense, and I won't get into details here, lest I frighten anyone. Suffice it to say it was all well worth it, and we stuck to our birth plan, with much help from our incredible doula, Angelika (below, holding Scout in her lady bug blanket.) The plan was to have the baby with no interventions (induction, pain medication, serious talk about rehab, etc), and oh my god it hurt worse than anything I have ever experienced in my life. I think Rob is probably still traumatized from watching me go through it, but he did an amazing job of helping to keep me calm and focused. And now we have our beautiful baby girl, and we are completely content just staring at her all day long.













5 comments:

Jay Nicolosi said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Crying! She is beautiful. Can not wait to meet her and squeeze you. Yipee!!

MeganRebekah said...

Oh she's simply adorable!!!!!

Congrats!

(and keep posting cute pics, I love them!)

DSG said...

you're quite amazing, Sarah, and I hope Rob tells you everyday. :)

Roblett--I like it!

Brooke Warner said...

What a beauty!