Monday, June 25, 2007

If I hadn't eaten pie for lunch, this would be different

I am trying to motivate to go work out. If you think putting on your gym clothes is half the battle, you're wrong. I could go to sleep on the couch right now. The battle for me is sometimes not won even when I get to the gym. When I'm there, I feel like I could close my eyes and pass out on the elliptical machine. Maybe it would be better to skip the gym on days when I'm a somnambulist, but there is the inevitable moment that I can't explain where I am suddenly having a good work out and am glad to be right where I am. So I think about that moment when I'm in the house, looking lovingly at the couch and my book next to it. Tonight is a pilates class. I can't even think about it or I won't go. I have to trick myself. Oh, I'm just taking a little walk...hey look, the gym. I guess I'll go in. They have water. I can weigh myself, how fun. Hmmm...a classroom, I'll just step in for a second and grab one of these sticky mats. Then I'm in the class and there's no turning back. Here I go.

A NOTE: I was late for class because I was too busy blogging about going to actually get my ass out the door.

No comments: