Monday, September 10, 2007

My mom wrote a song

My parents were in town this weekend and it's the first time I've seen them since Rob and I got engaged. The night they arrived, the four of us were sitting in the living room drinking a bottle of wine and talking about our plans for the weekend (Drive somewhere? Walk somewhere? Take a boat ride somewhere? We are creative) when my mom lost her cool and started singing a song she wrote called “I’m Gonna Have a Son-in-Law.”

Lyrics:
I’m Gonna Have a Son-in-Law
(Repeat until your daughter walks over to you and says “You’re really going to have to stop that.”)

To be fair, the wedding discussions were not over-the-top or annoying. Although this was in large part because we had food in our mouths the entire weekend and it was hard to talk.

No comments: