Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Alvin? He sounds mischievious

Rob and I are going to pick up the newest member of our family today. This new addition is gray, born this year, and will live in a garage near our apartment.

A car!

I love driving, but have done it approximately 5 times since I moved to New York in 2005. I have a terrible vision of driving off the lot and directly into a cab or a parked car. Rob rents cars fairly often for work purposes. So I've decided he will be in charge of driving the car home and I will be in charge of naming it.

Which reminds me of a recent conversation I had with one of my many pregnant friends.

Friend: What names do you like for a boy?

Me: I like Simon.

Friend: Simon? He sounds smart.

Me: I think that's because he was the smart one on The Chipmunks.

Friend: Good point.

6 comments:

Dan said...

Simon sounds bossy. Why do I have to do everything he says? And he's all like, "Wait... I didn't say SIMON SAYS touch your nose. I only said touch your nose."

What an asshole.

Sarah said...

I know, I changed my mind about Simon. The new top name is Vanity Smurf.

Unknown said...

What's with you and NAMES???? The car is an inanimate object and my rule is you let the other guy drive it until the first dent.

Sarah said...

I think it's good to name the things in our lives. It suggests their importance. And fyi, I'm telling Earl (my coffeemaker) what you said.

Colleen said...

My old car was Rhonda the Honda. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that. I guess that's why I sold her to a little old lady named Phyllis.

Chat said...

I want a ride!!