Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not feeling much like a thin mint

Note to self: when someone at work sends an email about how their kid is selling Girl Scout cookies, do not feel the immediate need to walk over to that person's office and drool on the brightly colored cookie list. Do not then feel compelled to order several boxes because you are ostensibly helping the children. Helping them what, exactly? Learn to be tiny entrepreneurs who trade on guilt and sugar fixes, all the while making new friends but keeping the old? I guess that's worth the freezer full of cookie boxes.

Since Rob is in California for work, I have been fighting a lonely battle with the cookies. Their numbers continue to dwindle, but I'm not sure if that's to my advantage or theirs. I just ate 4 Thin Mints and a Peanut Butter Patty. I'm on a roll now, so I'm thinking of running out and getting some ice cream. It should go well with the Caramel deLites. Victory is mine, people.

5 comments:

Jay Nicolosi said...

I liked it better when the "carmel delights" were called "somoans." When did the girl scouts get all PC?

Sarah said...

I totally agree! It was very hard to figure that out and I almost ended up with less cookies as a result. Thankfully they have handy images to go with the names.

Amanda said...

According to Wikipedia, which I think Sarah might once have appropriately deemed the purveyor of all truths, this is actually an issue of there being two different bakers used by Girl Scouts - ABC and Little Brownie Bakers - who name their cookies different names.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Scout_cookie

Mostly, I think it is amazing that Girl Scout Cookies have bakers and that they don't spring magically from the ground after a sprinkling of delicious and sugary fairy dust.

Sarah said...

Oooohhh. I LOVE Wikipedia. I just got chills from it's accuracy of information.

Ebby said...

Mmmm, thin mints. Also, tagalongs are mighty tasty. Fortunately for me, I'm still pretty new to the Oakland area, and therefore do not know anyone with children, so I do not have to battle my usual intense desire to buy the Girl Scouts out of their entire cookie stock.