Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rules is Rules

Although it looks like the DNC will hold to their rejection of the initial Michigan and Florida primary votes, I have to say it’s disappointing that Hillary Clinton is trying to get those votes to count. Not surprising, perhaps, but…I think the technical term I’m looking for is “lame.”

Obviously, she would not be doing this if she hadn’t won the primaries and it’s especially unfair in Michigan considering her name was the only one on the ballot. I understand the race is tight and both sides are doing what they feel they must. But it’s really beneath her and the whole convention to go back on rules that everyone agreed to at the beginning of the process.

Republican strategists are positively giddy about the state of affairs at the DNC. All they need to do now is sit back and watch as Clinton and Obama turn up the heat on each other, doing their work for them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the whole thing is definitely lame, though i will stop short of calling Hillary "lamo" (a term we loved in college). . .The GOP must be having some great cocktail hours watching the evening news every night!!! I hope the DNC does not self-destruct. Just like the superbowl, I don't know if I can watch anymore.